Shaking off the Dust

How has it been going with you? Did you get to work on a project over the weekend? Back in May I asked our Woodbine Bee ladies if they would be interested in attending a retreat in LaPorte and they all said yes, but some got to come and some did not.

I love these ladies and I really enjoy being in their company and enjoy getting to know them. There were 5 of us that had been in a swap of 2 inch 4-patches, so I suggested that we use our August retreat to be our time to work on “dipped” and get that puppy done! They agreed!

This was a very long and tedious swap that took us a year to complete. It was for a pattern by Teresa Miller called “Dipped In Chocolate”. We were all so excited to be in this swap but even more excited as the swap came to an end! We started this project in April 2012 and ended in March of 2013, we made 780 4-patches.

here's some of my 4-patches

here’s some of my 4-patches

I got the pattern out last week and the little 4-patches and did my research on what we needed to do to prepare and get it finished. Before the retreat I needed to cut 83 strips of fabric 1 ¼-inch wide and then sub-cut them into 390, 2-inch strips and then 613, 4 ¼-inch pieces for the sashing.

I got to work and little by little chipped away on my project. I will say it was tough staying “on task” to see this to the end. I took my little bow ties, just in case I got finished. Ha! Also, to add insult to injury, different ones of the group were working on their Farm Girl Vintage blocks and I sure had to put in my earplugs. I didn’t get finished but I got a big chunk of it done.

First I had to take my 780, 4-patches and add the 2-inch strip to 390 of them.

my pairs of 4-patches

my pairs of 4-patches

Next step was to add another 4-patch to the other side of the strip, then add a 4 ¼-inch strip to the bottom of it. Next was to add a pair to the bottom to make my block. Can you say monotonous??!!!

a close up of my blocks

a close up of my blocks

on the design wall

on the design wall

I got all of my 195 blocks pieced together and then lined them up for rows. There are 13 blocks per row and 15 rows. I got all of my 15 rows done. For something so easy, it sure was hard!

and here are the rows

and here are the rows

Now it is time for the 224 cornerstones and the sashing pieces. My next goal is to get this quilt finished before the weekend. It always takes more time than I allow for. Ugh!

It is a Farm Girl Vintage weekend, and I’m really looking forward to it! Thanks to Kay Morgan, I have a tip to share. You will want to see this, there’s a hint below.

I have a tip to share at the Farm Girl session

I have a tip to share at the Farm Girl session

I am truly blessed; I hope you are blessed by your daily threads. Love and hugs,

About ronda926

I enjoy piecing quilts and getting to know people, as well as sharing the information I have on sewing. I love the sense of accomplishment once I'm finished.
This entry was posted in Friends, Pieceful Stitches, Quilts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.