Monday was a perfect day, well almost perfect – I didn’t get to sew but I did get to straighten up the house and just have a punch list of things to do, but no deadlines except for when I went to bed. Ha!
I can see more of my floor; I got to re-file my fabric that I pulled for the bow tie exchange. What a mess I had on my hands, not to mention all the stuff I have from being out of town.
Tuesday was prep day for a retreat and Wednesday was “game on” day. I drove to Madisonville and arrived at the Woodbine Hotel and unloaded and waited on our gang to join me.
We have the best group of ladies and this is our 6th year to gather at the Woodbine. Susan is the owner of the hotel and manages it and is also our chef. She does an unbelievable job holding down the fort and taking care of everything. Thank you Susan, we look forward to our next stay.
I did get out and did my exercise while we were there. This was a nice surprise!
We always do “lovies” to exchange at this retreat. Everyone was in their chair when it came time for this event, it is like “stitch Christmas”. Each year I am surprised to see what all the ladies do. They did an outstanding job! Thank you ladies!
I got to work on finishing up a few projects that needed to be completed and I had at least a couple of projects that I hoped to get started. First I had half-square triangles that I needed to trim up, 6×14 – giving me 672 half-squares. Done!
Next up was making 2 sets of 20 for 40, red and white/cream 9-patches. Got those puppies done.
Then I got to work on my Dresden blocks – I had 40 more to make. Those little jewels take forever to make, I think I did a set a day and then I had to power through and get the last 2 sets done in one day. Wahoo! They are done too!
We had several finishes this time; our lady bees were very productive! Congratulations on all the finishes this weekend.
I had pre-cut one of the Moda Frivols “Brio” #8 and used a white on white background. I did change up the cutting instructions. The instructions were to draw lines on the background (wrong side) of the fabric and create half-squares. Well that takes a lot of time, so I decided to cut strips 2 ¼-inch wide then use the easy angle ruler to cut my half-squares. That worked out very nicely.
Last night I finished up getting all the pieces ready to assemble for making the blocks today. I had to make 9, I only got 6 made but I consider it all a success! Unfortunately, I didn’t get to work on my little bow tie blocks, but they are all still waiting on me. Ha!
I got home today and David surprised me with his quilt project. He made a small sized quilt barn tile for the “inside”. He did a great job, thanks babe! I love it!
I am truly blessed; I hope you are blessed by your daily threads. Love and hugs,