I ended up working Monday and Tuesday, but there was still time for demo! Monday morning I drove to the house to talk to the electricians except I was the only one there. So I left, drove to work and went to Sherwin-Williams to buy more paint samples. I seem to be color challenged after all! I keep thinking that I’ve found the right one and after painting it on the wall and looking at it, they aren’t so good after all.
Monday after work I drove back to the “construction site” to see what all was going on. I knew I had to be quick as the Lakeview guild meeting was at 6:30. Right off the bat David mentioned that we might have a problem with one of the bathrooms, so I went upstairs looked around and tried to see if I could help or not. I wasn’t much help but I did tell them what I wanted and suggestions were offered – so we decided to sleep on it and come back Tuesday morning.
After that I talked to John (our lead contractor) and we discussed different ideas with the kitchen and he brought over the sheetrock person so he could bid it out. I wasn’t sure if the sheetrock man liked what was going on or if he wanted to “run”.
I needed to leave to go to the meeting and I left David unattended. I really like to know what he is doing, not that I don’t trust him; I just love seeing the different aspects of this and really what is under it all. Like I mentioned last, I wished these walls could talk, but I guess they really are in a way. 😉
One of the things that the electricians uncovered was the back of the built in hutch. They pulled off the backsplash in the kitchen to put in a plug and there beneath all the pile of paint was this beauty. I really just like the color and texture, but I don’t think we will be able to do anything about it because the backsplash has to back in its space. For the time being, I just like seeing it!
Since we looked at the house we knew that there was an old window inside the pantry and I had hoped to take it out and re-use it in the new craft room but I was told that it wouldn’t be up to code and it would be impractical. So I had really decided to leave it be and keep it where it was.
Yesterday David did demo on the back porch and uncovered my “window” treasure even more. They had covered it up with paneling and once I saw it, I just knew it needed to be used like it was intended. This morning I talked to Grant about moving it to the new bathroom upstairs and he didn’t think it would be a problem. He is very resourceful and likes to re-use original pieces when he can. Hopefully this sweet window will be able to shine soon in a new place in the house.
David started on the kitchen demo yesterday and took out the oven, stovetop, dishwasher, and sink. His goal for today was to finish the demo of the countertop and take out some of the cabinets and to remove the sheetrock ceiling. It is funny, we both like getting to certain places before we quit and he made his mark, but it was late. While he was taking down the ceiling in the kitchen, I cleaned up on the back porch. The ceiling came down and it sure looks different out there. I do like the higher ceiling and there is bead board up there. I even like the original exterior wall showing, but we will need sheetrock over it. We were cleaning up in the dark and got home around 9:30.
I am truly blessed; I hope you are blessed by your daily threads. Love and hugs,