Of course, it is always time for making lists, but it seems like I need to make more! It has been a very unusual week with family, contractors, guild workshop and bee meeting. Trying to get it all done is hard and I’m feeling a little overwhelmed.
Sunday we drove over to the house and David mowed for the first time, I worked a little in the flower beds as they are awful, but it got hot quickly and the mosquitos over there were heavy hitters! I did get a pretty good work out though, but if you go over there, I don’t think you can really tell that I did very much.
David finished the removing the subfloor in the back porch and I have forgotten what I did, but I did something. We called it quits kind of early and went home.
Monday the Baytown Quilt guild hosted Cynthia Regone for a piecing and a felted wool applique workshop and later a lecture at the guild meeting. We worked on her “Happy Harvest” pattern. I needed to be 2 places at once and so I decided to go to the friendship bee meeting plus I needed to do some prepping for Brok and his family before they came over.
Tuesday I met with 2 different contractors at the retreat house and walked them through what I need for them to do. I really wanted to do both of them at the same time. That would have been a better use of time, but I don’t know if that is acceptable or not. Contractors are proving themselves to be difficult to work with! It sure would be nice if we can get this ball rolling, but we are doing odd and end things as much as we can.
Brok and family left this afternoon. It was wonderful having them at the house and I really appreciate their efforts to come and stay at our house. Afterwards, I did a couple of errands and went back to the retreat house to meet David. Since we will have all of the floors refinished the contractors told us it was ok for us to remove all the carpet and the tacking. David worked on the master bedroom and finished that.
I decided to attack the fireplace. I am not liking it too much, I’m not too sure what I don’t like about it – the brick doesn’t do anything for me, nor does the mantel, so I’ve been thinking of different things to do with it. I really don’t want to spend a fortune on the repair since I really don’t think “quilters” will be building fires and if I do too much, then there is the “permit” issue! So today I decided to remove the cover and clean it up a little. I kept the cover just in case we have to put it back but after just a little scrubbing I think it looks a little better. I think if I take a bucket of soap and water and scrub it that will be help. I just need to research “brick cleaning”!
In the master bedroom there are 2 closets and in one of them there is a step up inside one closet, so we were trying to figure out about the flooring and if it would be worth taking down the wall to make the room larger to accommodate 4 beds. We did a little peaking tonight.
After we cleaned up we went upstairs to see how the beds will work out. David is so good to me; I asked him if we could do some layouts of mattresses to see how all the beds would work out. He is a genius when it comes to being “resourceful” with PVC pipe. He made 4 “pipe beds” for me to see how we can lay them out.
I am truly blessed; I hope you are blessed by your daily threads. Love and hugs,