I’ve had this idea for a while and have just not been able to get it going and then being able to get David and I on the same page – like timing! Today, my idea came to fruition! I’m so excited.
My problem was that I needed a design wall, but I didn’t have a wall that I could completely devote to a big design wall and I already had the little one behind the door going in the room. I normally make big quilts, which need big design space and what I needed was one that I could roll up and put away. My mind rolls on being resourceful, I’ve always had to do that for reason. You know, necessity is the mother of invention. ☺ The only space I could put one was over the closet doors, luckily I have 10-foot ceilings in my playroom.
Little by little, my plan came together and most of all, David worked on it today. I didn’t want something that was always visible, because I think they are kind of ugly, hence to roll it up.
So today, after David let me know that it was coming together I decided I had better run to Jo-Ann’s and get some upholstery fabric to cover my “cornice” board. You know when you hubby is making progress; for be it from me to let the ball stop, so off I went on my acquisition party! I found this nice piece of red fabric! I love it!
We covered the box and I worked on the fleece to go on the pole. We had to do a little tweaking, but it is finished. I just had to put my blocks on the design wall, see what a better view it is instead of being on the floor!
A big shout out and thank you goes to my wonderful husband, David who is always willing to go the extra mile for me! Thanks Babe!
I am truly blessed; I hope you are blessed by your daily threads, love and hugs.